FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat about everything and anything to do with St Barts

Long Term Rental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kamishay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamishay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Term Rental
    Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:51am

Hello to Everyone,

My husband, our children, and myself are finally ready to make our move to St.  Barths!  yay!  Now, we need to find a long term rental.  We are willing to sign a one year lease. I know there isn't much available for long term rental right now.  Does anyone know of any 3 bedrooms available beginning March 1st?  We need a three bedroom.
Thanks so much!
St Barth bound
sean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:42pm
Hello, I have a four bedroom, and was tinkering with the idea of a long term lease. It would be available March, 1
kamishay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamishay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 10:27pm
Hello Sean,
I sent a message to your inbox.
Kami
St Barth bound
coco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:13pm
Hi Kamishay

I am making the final plans to move to St Barths! So excited! Could you tell me how your move went, did you find a long term rental and how the schools are as I have a 3yr old daughter. Any tip or things to avoid or annoyed would be v helpful!

Many thanks
Coco
coco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:15pm
Hi Sean

Its a while ago but wondering if you did go for long term rentals and if so is it currently available as I am moving to St Barths soon!

BTW is the internet service fast / ADSL in SB?

Many thanks
Coco
sean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 11:58pm
Actually I will not have anything available until June. 

Sean
kamishay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamishay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:57pm
Hello Coco,

Yes we did find a long-term rental but it was through some family members that we have living here so that made it easier for us.  As far as the school situation goes, our children are enrolled in a correspondance school which they have been doing for a number of years now.  (This allows us to continue to keep all of their school records recorded at the same school which makes it easier for them to graduate with a diploma and attend college in the States.)  So we do not know much about the schools here although I am sure they are fine.  

I do not have too many specifs as to moving here.  Just the basic clearing customs and such.  Rental insurance on your housing is required.  If you plan on owning a car here, make sure you print out something from your previous car insurance stating that you have a history of good driving, otherwise you will pay a very high rate of car insurance here. 

It took us 8 months to get our internet and phone hooked up at our house and after 10 months now, our home phone still doesn't work right.  You may encounter a long wait getting home phone service depending on where you live on the island.  The internet works fine here and is not slow but we purchased a higher speed to make sure.  Hope this helps some!

May you have a wonderful trip here and remember, Jesus loves you!
Patrick & Kami
St Barth bound
coco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 6:44pm
Dear Patrick & Kami

Thank you so much for your reply, very kind. I will keep up my research and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks again

DaddyLeCool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaddyLeCool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2012 at 1:52am
I moved in Saint Barth last August and found a long term lease through Barthome real estate. We exchanged through emails and I found my dreamed villa in two months We have two and a half daughters (three within threee months) and my elder daughter (3 y.o. , too) is going to school in Gustavia. All the schools are nice, but pretty overcrowded (yes you have a lot of children here !) , at least 30 pupils per classroom. Do felle free to write me for more information.
jack07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2012 at 6:49am
hello, I have 2 one bedroom houses one next to the other, depending on children age maybe?
don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions.
regards
jack07
spin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 9:18pm
Wondering if you will have anything available beginning in Oct. I am looking for a studio or one bedroom for a long term rental. I have been living and working on the island for the past 10 years. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
christopherh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christopherh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 8:09pm
Why do not you a search a home of your requirement online. You will find it very easily with out making much effort and wasting time.

-------------------
http://www.luxe-yacht-charters.com/yacht-rental-miami
andre001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 7:11am
Hi, I know it's been a long time of the last post but it's for the same reason.

We as a family, my wife and my 4 year old boy are planning to move to St-Barts for this July.

We're looking for a two to three bedrooms. Any name that someone can give me? And I have question about the internet. What is the best setup for high speed internet. Is it satellite or ???

About the phone, is cellular work fine over there. Any company to suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Andre
Premium James View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premium James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2015 at 3:53am
Dear Andrew, sorry I missed this.

there are a number of agencies on the island for long term lets.

L'Agence may work for you

http://www.jyrobert.com/Accueil.html

Internet is broadband via the phone lines like the rest of the world and there are three cell networks to choose from.
Marie-Claire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie-Claire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 1:41pm
Hello,

I have e-mailed Jean-Yves Robert and have not heard back yet.

I am looking for annual accommodation in St Barths.

Does anyone know someone that might offer this?

Thank you very much.

Je recherche hébergement annuel à Saint-Barth, est-ce que vous connaissez quelqu'un que pourrait aider?

Merci beaucoup.

Premium James View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premium James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2016 at 4:42am
Missimmo is another agency on island that may be able to help. The News carries small ads

http://www.news-sbh.com/en_US/

NicoDurand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicoDurand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:44am
Wimco for me has been the go to for long term villa rentals, Check our their latest blog 

Nico Durand
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic