FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat about everything and anything to do with St Barts

Looking for 12 month rental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HannahWoodcock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannahWoodcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for 12 month rental
    Posted: 15 May 2013 at 7:09am
Hello, I have recently moved to St Barth and looking for accommodation with 2 bedrooms for myself, my partner and our daughter. We have contacted Missimmo and Destination St Barts, but does anyone have any leads or advice please? Thank you!
Premium James View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premium James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:19am
Try J Y Robert in St Jean, just up the road on the other side from the Tom beach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannahWoodcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:26am
Hi, thanks for your post... I actually called them earlier today and they said they don't do long term rental.
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 1:24pm
Check this link plus its competitor-

GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 1:27pm
If your french is good, consider going through the phone book starting with the letter A.  A friend used this technique a while ago, and found a long-term rental before hitting the letter F.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannahWoodcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 5:40pm
Thank you Greg, I have posted an ad on 'Les Petites Annonces de St Barth'...
Unfortunately my French isn't good so I am relying on the good people of St Barth :) 
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 7:06pm
This is a very good time to be looking for a 12 month rental, as the high season is over and long term rentals should be much more plentiful.
ChrisBarber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisBarber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:23am
I am also looking for a long-term 12 month rental in St. Barth's right now. We are staying with my wife's mother, Melanie Smith. My wife speaks French but I don't. I may try to get her to try that phone book method, interesting approach. 

Good luck Hannah! I hope we both find somewhere great!
soyabeans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soyabeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 9:35am
i would speak to some of the employees at places like Andy's, Nikki beach, etc. they are all long term renters
today is the oldest you have ever been and the youngest you will ever be.....SO, ENJOY THE DAY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannahWoodcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 4:48pm
That's a great idea Soyabeans! And good luck also Chris.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premium James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:17pm
Door knocking can work as well. 

Pick an area, knock on doors and ask, and if there is a place to rent in the area, people will know.
Easyway-SBH Service View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easyway-SBH Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 11:58am
kafic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kafic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 2:04pm
Hi, nice tips! 
I've been looking for long terms in St. Barth for a while now and couldn't find anything. Unfortunately my french is almost non existent, but I'm thinking about going there personally and try to find something my self. 

The thing is, can someone give me an idea of the lowest price I might get for an annual rent? I could start on low season since I don't have an exact date to go. I have no idea of the cost of a long term rental in St. Barth, I know it's probably really expensive, but I need to know how expensive. If someone could give me a light in this, I can make the decision of going to find something myself!

Thanks!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premium James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:55am
Bare bare minimum of 1200 euros a month I would say.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic