FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat about everything and anything to do with St Barts

Margot Ferra (Doniger) - artist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rebecca F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 8:45am
hello my name is rebecca
i have been living in sbh for the last 28 years and had the chance to meet her in her house in marigot
at that time my parents bought paintings two from her
at the present time i have no idea about their value
so if you could let me know
also if by chance there would be any for sale i would love to be informe
so happy to be able to know more on her work
looking forward to hear from you
all the best for you

raenette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raenette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 5:30am
i have 2 of her paintings..would like more information about her.  DOyou know who collects her work?  how can I get information?   Raenette
raenette
linda164 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda164 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 1:28am
Sorry that I haven't been around here or responded to any of the requests for more info.  I still have the paintings/collages, but I am holding on to them for now. 

I found one of her collages on an art auction site, Yellow Hacienda, which sold for about $750.00.
Voosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 2:11am
St. Barts didn't get discovered in the 90s. It's always been a home.

So cool.
bajajudy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajajudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 6:09am
I was just looking at an old post card of Le Select which is one of her old pieces.  I would love to see the original of this.  Perhaps the owner could bring it to the anniversary in Nov....60 years WOW
val2bad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote val2bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:48pm
Hello
I like this forum, I am actualy interested in buying one of her art work, could you send me a picture of the one you have?
thank you

val2bad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote val2bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:50pm
I would particulary love to get one of Margot Ferra piece where she uses collages like fish nest ...
thank you
GinnyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GinnyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 4:46am
Hi, My husband and I had a home at Gouverneur in St. B for almost 20 years and were privileged to count Margot and Benji among our friends. We saw them often, and visited them after their move to Sarasota. Like many of us in that circle at that time, I have a painting. I know of at least 3 others that are around. I also have several of the postcards, possibly the one of Le Select. I cannot check this until early August. Benji was a producer of documentary films. I believe Benji graduated from F and M; he always complained about the way colleges could track him down. I think an exhibit in St. B, with a sale would bring good prices.
Ginny
jazzkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 12:52am
I

I have three Margot Ferra originals that I inherited.  They were done in 1964, 1965 and 1966.  If any interest, let me know.
Thanks,
James

GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 3:48am
Thanks for posting jazzkids, and welcome to the forum.

jazzkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 8:27pm
Thanks Greg....  The Margot Ferra art has been sold.  I do have two Water Colors of San Juan scenes by J. D'Esopo if anyone in interested let me know.  Thanks again.

jazzkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 10:34pm
Here are the D'Esopo pieces I have if anyone is interested.
They are original Watercolors of San Juan scenes.

lexaling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2011 at 8:44am
I have several Ferras which I love. It would be nice if one day her work appreciated.
Lexaling
Mysty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:35am
They are very beautiful! I am not a collector but an artist (I do collages) - and really love the medium!
st barts, the perfect kiss upon this earth.
elb1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elb1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:28am
We have a Margot Ferra work from 1966 for sale.  Please follow this link for details on the work:

http://www.gallerymayo.com/galleries/v/Acrylic+and+Oil+Paintings/DSC_1617.jpg.html

sandyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:15pm
I have been reading the posts in this forum with great interest. I have inherited a collage by Margot Ferra which I love. I am of the age where it's time to begin inventorying (is that a word?) some of the things I've accumulated over the years. Does anyone have any idea what her art work may be worth these days?
sandyg
Guy Walton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 12:13pm
We believe that an effort should be made, if it has not been done, to find the notebooks with pictures of all Margot's works that she kept if they are in the hands of her heirs, and they should be sent to the St. Barts historical archive or history museum --whatever is most appropriate.
Her record of the island's traditional and historical architecture in the 60's and 70's would document much that has been lost to time and/or tourist development. Would it be possible to find these? 
She photographed every collage that she made of the island before selling these.
If there were to be a show it would be very important-- and why not a show?
She carefully noted to whom each work was sold, but many of these purchasers were then already retired, thus hard to trace now.
Carola and I have a collage of an old shack from 1978?--undated.
Beni played the jazz clarinet.
Carola and I remember the Dangers fondly from that time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic