FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vanilla rum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Samdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vanilla rum
    Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:03am
Is there anywhere on St Barths to get Albert's amazing vanilla rum now that La Gloriette no longer exists?
Second Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:38am
Loads of places. 

Have lunch or dinner at Santa Fe, and you may be offered a digestif of Albert's rhum vanille.  Thus fortified, make your way to:

First on the list is La Gloriette Boutique, located in the parking lot of the former La Gloriette restaurant.  It sells Albert's rum, and if memory serves, nothing but Albert's rum.  Posted hours are 10-12 and 2-4, but I didn't ever find it open on my recent visit.  Albert's mobile number is taped to the door.  Three benefits of shopping here are 1) You get to see Albert, 2) There is more variety, 3) Albert bubblewraps for shipping it home in your suitcase.

Other places where I've seen Alberts rum available are Le Coffee Shop, La Cave du Port Franc, AMC Supermarket, and Petite Deauville.  It may be available other places too.

The rum is sold in smaller flasks and larger bottles.  The price of the larger bottles was 20 - 23, depending on the shop.
Samdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:52pm
Thank You very much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic