FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat about everything and anything to do with St Barts

Villa La Maison

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jeanette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Villa La Maison
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:56am
Hello,

I tried to contact the owner of Villa La Maison based on the email address listed in stbarths.com.  Unfortunately, my message was rejected.  Does anybody have updated contact information for the owner?  I love St. Jean and would really enjoy renting this villa.

Thank you and regards,

Jeanette
Second Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:44am
There are other email addresses listed at the http://www.bonheurproperties.com/ website.  I met the owners last year, sharing the same flight from SBH to SXM, and later chatting in the Soualiga Lounge.  They are very nice people, who were returning to the Metropole after a week of maintenance on their villa. 
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 12:27pm
Villa has great views, unusual floor plan and the owner is a hoot.  Nothing but good memories from our stay there and villa party there not too long ago.  Pool and view photos:
Claudia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:54pm
I have rented Villa La Maison through my friends at Marla Realty twice and will be there again end of Nov.- Dec.Haven't met the owner, but I do admire her taste.It's beautifully and comfortably decorated, but it's the view I'm really taken with.Great place for a cocktail party or just having morning coffee watching rainbows and the planes landing and taking off.
Jeanette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 4:52am
Thanks, everyone! 

Greg, your pictures are beautiful.  Did you bring your children with you?  If so, was it close enough that they could comfortably walk into town and to the beach?  I will be traveling with an 11 and 13 year old.

Claudia, I've read your review of La Mailson.  I hope that I don't have the late afternoon lack of  hot water issues and hecticness that you experienced.  I was hoping to be right on St. Jean beach, but this looks like a great alternative.

Jeanette 
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 5:30am

Jeanette,  We did have our kids with us during the Villa La Maison trip.  The walk to the east end of St Jean beach was easy, on the return it is an uphill walk.  Villa La Maison is up the the hill on the first driveway on the road to Lorient past Andy's Hideaway.  I think the villa is in this photo on the far right in the middle of the image but perhaps Second Star and Claudia can confirm that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 6:05am
It is one of that cluster of villas, but I can't be sure which one.
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 10:19am
Here is a shot taken by Roy from Villa La Maison at the villa party....what a difference his trained eye and lighting makes in the photo compared to the one I shot....camera quality is another factor.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:01pm
I remember that day, and the Ack-Ack machines in the distance chewing up the remains of the original Eden Rock building.  I was staying at the Bleu Outre Mer bungalows, which I can identify in the distance.  There were amazing relationships created at La Maison that day, friendships among SBH fans which have endured and continue to expand.  Nice party Greg.
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:34pm
Amazing party and post party dinner at Andys...not sure who was able to talk Andy Hall into seating all from the villa party, but it happened and that is all that counts.....post-villa party dinner at andys.
Jeanette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 9:48pm
Greg,

Thanks for the photos.  Wow, I got goosebumps looking at that view!!!  I am so happy that I can get firsthand reviews of the villa on this forum.

I heard back from the owner this morning and the villa is available 5 of the 7 days I need it in July.  I'll need to find a hotel for the last two nights - July 13 and 14. 

July 14 is Bastille Day and I am hoping for a fireworks display in Gustavia.  I heard the fireworks were canceled last year and there were smaller displays on the beach at Eden Rock.  I think it will be a wonderful memory for my kids to experience a French holiday in St. Barths.

Enjoy the weekend,

Jeanette
Blonde Bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blonde Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 12:04am
Hey Jeanette-
It looks like we will be there at the same time if you would be interested in getting together for a drink.  This will be my husband and my first trip to the island and we would love to meet some other folks from the forum.  Let me know.
BB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 1:06am
On reflection, it is of course the villa with the blue roof.
Jeanette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 10:09am
BB,

I am making my plans as we speak...  I'll have two kids with me, but I am up for a drink anytime.  This is my first "non-romantic" trip to St. Barths.

Where are you staying?

It's my third trip to St. Barths in the last 24 months.  I am happy to share any of my experiences and recommendations with you.

Enjoy the anticipation...

Jeanette
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 12:19pm

Jeanette,

You and your kids are going to have a great time on St Barts in July...how special will that be to treat them to fireworks in Gustavia on Bastille day.  I have taken one of my kids to SBH on a "non-romantic" trip to St Barts and it was a spendid time for each of us.  Good luck with your trip planning, I always enjoy booking the flights and villas, it just adds to the whole sbh experience. 

In hog-heaven enjoying the weekend,

Greg
veronicavamp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veronicavamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 6:28pm
Hi, I am new to the forum. I stayed at Villa la Maison the summer of 2003 with my parents and younger sister. Loved the view, the pool, and it was fairly large and modern. I loved it because it had internet and I was able to stay in touch with all my friends.

However, late at night a HUGE rat the size of a small dog would come and break into my mother's cereal like clockwork. I'm sure the rat is gone now since that was 3 years ago, but it scared me enough not to sit outside in the open lounge at night. lol
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 8:27pm

We laughingly refer to the pesky critters as "St. Barth Squirrels"...and quickly learned that in villas with outdoor kitchens everything goes into and stays in the fridge!

Claudia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 2:29am
 Hi, Jeanette,
    We arrive July 11 and are leaving July 19, because Bastille Day is also my husband's Birthday.We're staying on St. Jean Beach in Villa SOL, and we're with my husband's daughter, son-in-law and their two kids, a daughter and son 8 and 5 years old. It's going to be the kids first trip to SBH.If yours are approximately the same age, they might enjoy St. Jean Beach together.
   The last time we stayed at La Maison, there were fewer invasions from the maid and others than our first time there.I still would have preferred that she arrive at approximately the same time every day, as she would come any time batween 9 and 11 am.Fortunately, she came only once a day rather than 2 or even three times a day.The pool guy arrives about 7 or 7:30 am, but is quiet and quick, just so you aren't alarmed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic