FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat about everything and anything to do with St Barts

West or East Side?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bethany-Wimco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bethany-Wimco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 12:13am
No way!  The scariest road of all is the one in Pointe Milou where there is nothing but the shear cliff on the right hand side heading out to the end.
soleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Bethany-Wimco Bethany-Wimco wrote:

No way!  The scariest road of all is the one in Pointe Milou where there is nothing but the shear cliff on the right hand side heading out to the end.

I knew there was a reason I don't go to Pointe Milou..........Wink
soleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 8:07am
Originally posted by CEC1 CEC1 wrote:

they think there are too many "crazies" on the road through St. Jean, Lorient, Marigot!

Dennis, I don't know how I missed your post earlier.............
I think I just clicked over to page 2..........

I surely wouldn't have missed the opportunity to tell you that your friends are undoubtedly referring
to moi .........
CEC1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 3:14pm
LOL, soleil!  Actually, they tell me that the REAL reason for taking the "back" route is that they know I'm on the road they avoid!  In 29 years, however, no accidents . . . and I want it to remain an unbroken record!
skeeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 4:30am
Hi Soleil,
I am a big fan of the Petite Cul de Sac area, and the side of Toiny closest to it. The views are great, there is a certain kind of spaciousness that I really liked. Never found it to be a bad drive at night - even after way too many petite punches because the coastal roads are in good shape and they are pretty wide. A friend stayed in a neighborhood there called Demain de Levant, in sib oui. This area has its own beach and tennis court. I'm curious about Vitet, I think I'd like it because its above the "sacs", but have never been up there.
CEC1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 6:15am
Vitet is great, skeeter.  It very much has the feel of an intimate island neighborhood . . . and there are plenty of vantage points with sweeping views, which it sounds that you like.

Below Vitet is the Marigot area . . . also nice views, though because it's lower, they are more focused on Mont Jean, the Bay, and sea beyond
soleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by skeeter skeeter wrote:

I'm curious about Vitet, I think I'd like it because its above the "sacs", but have never been up there.

Skeeter,

Both Cul de Sacs can be seen here from Vitet, though this pic doesn't quite convey the beauty of being there...........gorgeous panoramic views

GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:46pm
Here is a view from Vitet and villa sib bij.

soleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:56pm
Eve14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eve14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 12:22am
After first staying on Marigot Bay, I have always had a preference for the Columbier or Flamands areas. They are more convenient to the calmer beaches and dining/grocery shopping. This trip, however, I will be traveling with someone who can stay up past 10 pm and we will try to check out the nightlife on the east side. It may color my opinion in a different way! : )
paulo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 3:34am
Hi!
i am new comer here so let welcome me...
i am just looking for some interesting things and i am pretty much sure that here i will get them... share some interesting things with me........"
Rashifal, Live Hindi News

Rouelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rouelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 2:55pm
My favourite place is Lorient. I am probably biaised because I am from a place with the same name in Brittany. But not only. Lorient is one of the few places that still has a village atmosphere with its church, school, tiny post office and some local shops. Dining is very limited (Jojo burger and maybe some options at l'Oasis). While the beach is a surf spot, however waters are calm near shore. Also, fishermen sell fish and lobster nearby. On friday night, weather permitting, the school playground turns into an open air cinema. Jimmy buffet fans may also want to check ruins of autour du rocher
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic