FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chat about everything and anything to do with St Barts

What part of island

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rock13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rock13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What part of island
    Posted: 15 May 2013 at 3:10pm
Good afternoon.  My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for Oct. 13-23.  Aside for a day trip from St. Martin in June of 2010 this is our first time to the island.  I understand the island is only 8 square miles, but for first timers is there a better part of the island to stay on?  In the hills, on the beach, east side, west side?  My fiance and I like a little night life.  What part of the island would put us closer to more activities, i.e. beaches that have calm waters, bars and restaurants.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Kenneth
Kenneth
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 5:45pm
A St Jean or a Gustavia location will allow closer proximity to island amenities you are seeking.
rock13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rock13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 7:39pm
What is the area of Vitet like?
Kenneth
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:56am
Vitet is hillside, which means good ocean views and welcome breezes.  It is on the eastern side of the island, close enough to saline, marigot and grand fond beaches.
Premium James View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Premium James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 8:02am
"i.e. beaches that have calm waters, bars and restaurants"

That wold be Grand Cul de Sac or Shell Beach.

Looking at your requirements, I would aim for Lurin...you are not far from Gustavia which is best for nightlife, and you have Shell Beach (as above) and also Gouverneur beach not far.

Drop me a line if you want a hand with villas.
soyabeans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soyabeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:48am
you are correcct, the island is only 8 miles so no matter where you rent you will only be at most 10-15 minutes away from restaurants, shopping and beaches....
(except for Toiny)....but Le Gaiac in the hotel is a must for "that special dinner" 
today is the oldest you have ever been and the youngest you will ever be.....SO, ENJOY THE DAY
GregB View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 5:58pm
I think its excellent you are a planning a 10 night visit for your honeymoon.  No matter where you stay on the island, nothing is that far removed.  Picking St Barths for the honeymoon, means no question as to where to return for anniversaries.  Well Done!
futcoinsboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futcoinsboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2014 at 8:13am
 will allow closer proximity to island amenities you are seeking.

smithjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2018 at 5:28am

Hi!

i am new comer here so let welcome me...

i am just looking for some interesting things and i am pretty much sure that here i will get them... share some interesting things with me........"

Airtel DTh Recharge Plans Info

Airtel Digital Tv Recharge Plans Info

DTh Plans

Videocon DTH Recharge Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic